Posted by arungupta
on August 7, 2014 at 8:22 PM PDT
This is the seventh part (part 1 , part 2 , part 3 , part 4 , part 5 ) of a multi-part video series where Lincoln Baxter (@lincolnthree ), George Gastaldi (@gegastaldi ) and I are interactively building a Forge addon to add Java EE 7 Batch functionality. So far, here is what different parts have shown:
- Part 1 showed how to get started with creating an addon, add relevant POM dependencies, build and install the addon using Forge shell, add a new command
batch-new-jobxml, and add
--writer parameters to the newly added command.
- Part 2 showed how to identify classes for each CLI parameter that already honor the contract required by the Batch specification.
- Part 3 showed how parameters can be made required, created templates for reader, processor, and writer, validated the specified parameters.
- Part 4 added a new test for the command and showed how Forge can be used in debug mode.
- Part 5 fixed a bug reported by a community member and started work to make processor validation optional.
- Part 6 upgraded from 2.6.0 to 2.7.1 and started work on reader, processor, and writer template files.
This part shows:
- Merged the request by George in the workspace
- Reader, processor, and writer source files are created if they do not exist
As always, the evolving source code is available at github.com/javaee-samples/forge-addons .
Next episode will add a new test for this functionality.