Posted by bhaktimehta
on October 18, 2013 at 1:10 PM PDT
Developing RESTful Services with JAX-RS 2.0, WebSockets, and JSON
Developing RESTful Services with JAX-RS 2.0, WebSockets, and JSON is the new book which Masoud Kalali and I have worked on and recently published.
As the technology landscape moves focus towards smaller devices, the need for building scalable, flexible, lightweight, and real-time communications-based applications grows.
HTML 5 and Java EE 7 provide a new synthesis of technologies that demonstrate tremendous scope and potential in areas of device independence,
asynchronous communication, interoperability, and portability. Newer technologies in JavaEE 7 like WebSockets, JSON , asynchronous invocation capable components keep the platform innovative and improve developer productivity.
Developing RESTful Services with JAX-RS 2.0, WebSockets, and JSON is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with clear and pragmatic
information to take advantage of the real power behind HTML5 and Java EE technologies.
This book covers
- Developing RESTful Web Services using the JAX-RS 2.0 API
- Understanding security, fault tolerance with WebSockets and Server-Sent Events
- Producing, parsing, and manipulating JSON data with the help of standard JSON API
- Best practices in building applications with WebSockets, Server-Sent Events, and JAX-RS 2.0
- Using the aspects of asynchronous programming to improve scalability
The last chapter of the book includes design and development of two complete applications: one event based application based on Twitter API
and other library based application which will integrate the different JavaEE 7 technologies together.
For more information you can check here .