Oracle Debuts the Winners of the 2013 China Duke’s Choice Award during the JavaOne Shanghai 2013
Award Recipients Were Commended for Innovative Java Technologies and Outstanding Contributions to the Java Community
- Oracle announced the three winners of the 2013 China Duke’s Choice Award during JavaOne Shanghai 2013, July23-25. This is the first time Oracle’s global award program, with a ten year history of rewarding innovation in Java technology and the community, has come to China.
- The 2013 China Duke’s Choice Award, exclusively for China’s Java community, aims to encourage and recognize Chinese innovation, including outstanding individuals and projects, based on Java technology. After the month long review of the nominations submitted by mainstream Java communities, we are pleased to announce Zheng Ye for Moco technology of ThoughtWorks, Jia Ke for X Fantasy of Handseeing Information, and Zhang Hailong for Java-based Web development technology of OSChina.NET, the winners.
The winners of the 2013 China Duke’s Choice Award are:
- Moco technology – Moco is a simulation server program library/tool. It aims to tackle the integration problem that has plagued the Java enterprise-level development. Moco supports API or independent operations. With API, the developers can use Moco within the test frameworks like JUnit or JBehave to greatly eliminate the complexity of integration point test. The API design of Moco is based on particular Domain Specific Language (DSL), thus enhancing the readability of codes. The independent operation allows Moco to go beyond the Java platform. It can be used for front-end development to simulate a complete Web server.
- X Fantasy – X Fantasy is a MMORPG real-time combat game running on a Web browser, which is developed with Jgnet - an advanced Java-based RIA engine. The game is user-friendly and offers a lot of fantastic features, such as stunning graphics comparable with client Web games, super-realistic attack impacts, comprehensive professions and skills, instance mode support, and group fighting, to bring the most enjoyable fighting experience to players.
- Java-based Web development technology of OSChina.NET – OSChina.net is a comprehensive programmer community. With the reasonable optimized configurations, and cache architecture designed for business, OSChina.net creates a highly efficient and practical Java Web Service.
Peter Utzschneider, vice president product management, Oracle, said: “We are pleasantly surprised and very excited about Java’s development in China. Since it was established ten years ago, a number of the world’s top developers and projects were recognized by Duke’s Choice Award. The first winners of the 2013 China Duke’s Choice Award are spear-heading a truly diverse and creative set of Java-based projects. Thanks to the local communities’ enthusiastic participation. We hope and believe Java technology will have a bright prospect in China through our mutual continuous efforts."