Posted by javanetforme
on August 18, 2010 at 11:47 PM PDT
This is for all BDJ starters who want to configure hdcookbook source in eclipse, build and run applications(eg. bookmenu).
1. Registered account at www.java.net
2. classes.zip (http://java.sun.com/javame/reference/bluray-technote.html )
3. Tortoise SVN.
Follow the steps below:
1. Create a new folder anywhere in your hard drive.
2. right click this folder and checkout hdcookbook source from https://hdcookbook.dev.java.net/svn/hdcookbook/trunk . This will ask for your registered userid and password at java.net.This folder has folders such as 'AuthoringTools', 'DiscCreationTools' etc. and files such as build.xml, vars.properties etc.
3. Under this source folder, create a new file called 'user.vars.properties'. Open to edit this file and add HDC_BDJ_PLATFORM_CLASSES=. Save and close.
4. Now open command prompt, change to the source directory and execute command 'ant tools'. This will build source under AuthoringTools and DiscCreationTools.
5. Open eclipse.
6. Right click - new - java project. Enter your project name, select 'Create project from existing source' - browse to 'your source directory/xlets/hdcookbook_discimage' - click ok - finish. The project will be created in eclipse.
7. Right click on the project in package explorer - build path - Configure build path - click on 'Libraries' tab - click on 'Add External JARs' - add 'classes.zip' in your hard drive. Same way, add 'grincompiler.jar' from 'your source directory/AuthoringTools/grin/build/jdktools/compiler'. This jar is generated in step 4.
8. click ok. All errors are should now resolve and the project is ready to be built.
9. Open command prompt, change to 'your source directory/xlets/hdcookbook_discimage'. Execure command 'ant'. This will build the project and create appropriate folders and files. The discImage is created under dist/DiscImage.
10. Drag folder 'BDMV' in any BD software player such as TotalMediaTheatre or PowerDVD.
Same procedure can be followed for other individual applications such as HelloWorldXlet etc.
Hope this helps.