Posted by jsilicon
on February 24, 2010 at 3:19 PM PST
Hi. I'm looking for an expert to help assess how much additional RAM (minimum, typical, max) would be needed for an embedded ARM7 system to run a Java ME Runtime Engine and Virtual Machine on top of Linux, and additionally, what amount of additional RAM would be used by a small Java ME applet or servlet. System performance factors will need to be taken into consideration.
Ideally, I'd like to find someone who has already ported PhoneME / Java ME to an ARM7 & Linux system before, ie. who :
- already knows what issues to expect and has direct empirical knowledge of the memory usage based on similar cases
- can set me straight on which of my assumptions are wrong and why
- has some realistic view of what libraries or packages would really be needed for my project purpose
- can do this within the next ~week
- is willing to sign a basic NDA (my company to you as an individual)
This request may be a conversation over lunch, or more likely a half-day research project. I can pay for your help if needed.
There is a reasonable chance that this could expand into a full project to implement a Phone ME port to my system in the next 1-3 months if there is mutual interest, but the immediate goal here is just to do a memory requirements assessment.
If you can help me on this, please let me know.
You can email me at email@example.com . Please let me know your phone number, and what city you live in. Also, if you are presently employed, I appreciate if you can let me know who your employer is so I can be comfortable that I won't put you or me in any conflict of interest position.