Posted by tbrandalik
on April 17, 2009 at 12:12 AM PDT
I am happy to announce the Revenue Release of Java Platform Micro Edition Software Development Kit 3.0.
Java ME SDK includes the advanced tools found in Java Wireless Toolkit 2.5.2 [for CLDC] and Sun Java Toolkit 1.0 [for CDC] and many new features.
* Integration with third-party emulators and Windows Mobile devices
* On-device deployment and on-device debugging
* CLDC/MIDP, CDC/FP/PBP/AGUI, and BD-J integrated into one SDK
* New CLDC HotSpot Virtual Machine
* Optimized MSA 1.1 stack with extensions
* Profiling support
* Network monitor
* BD-J support
* New development environment based on Netbeans Platform
* Lightweight UI Toolkit (LWUIT) integration
* Device search database integrated in SDK
* JavaFX Mobile Emulator included
Have a look for yourself: http://java.sun.com/javame/downloads/sdk30.jsp
Check our team blog at http://blogs.sun.com/javamesdk/
And also forum at http://forums.sun.com/forum.jspa?forumID=999
Good news for PhoneME developers. It is possible to extend JME SDK with just released PhoneME Feature MR4 runtime. Details will be posted on our team blog.