Posted by jim_widz
on June 19, 2008 at 6:34 PM PDT
Is it possible to call XSLT from with one of the handlers (SOAP or Logical) within JAX-WS to modify the SOAP message? Basically, I would like to take a SOAP message, call XSLT to possible modify parts of the SOAP Body, and then use the transformed SOAP message.
This is my scenario:
1. Client sends SOAP request into my web service (inbound service)
2. My web service sends SOAP request to another web service (outbound client)
3. My web service receives SOAP response (inbound client)
4. Call transformation (XSLT) on SOAP response to possibly modify the SOAP Body
5. My web service uses transformed SOAP response to client (outbound service)
I am very new to all of this and cannot figure out if this scenario is possible. I have been able to create both a SOAP handler and a Logical handler, and have even been able to call XSLT from within the handler. My issue stems in attempting to use the transformed data when leaving the handler.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!