Posted by albert_kam
on March 28, 2008 at 4:57 AM PDT
Quick facts :
- I've built a simple CDC app (AWT) and have tested it on HP iPAQ.
- I'm currently using IBM J9 for this purpose.
- I'm using Apache Derby embedded database (with a problem while importing CSV files, which got something to do with the max *.dll limitation from WM5, according to IBM's article)
I want to extend my app further towards printing, but i'm quite lost about what to do ..
I want the CDC application be able to print to a bluetooth printer from PDA. Just a simple text file. So please advise me on these issues :
- Any recommendations on the bluetooth printers ?
- Do i have to use JSR 82 implementation to print on printers ?
- Any suggestions on JSR 82 implementations ?
- Can we just connect the printer to the WM5, and do some Runtime.exec(...something like type blah.txt > lpt1) in order to print without using the bluetooth API ? :)
Also, could you recommend web sites to check to get informative updates on CDC development ?