Posted by n_varun
on July 24, 2009 at 1:53 AM PDT
I have written my first-ever Ant task that could simplify the task of converting WikiCreole Markup to XML format. This conversion was made possible due to the efforts of Martin Junghans and Dirk Riehle. Refer blog for more details..
On July 1st, I started a new blog that will feature posts related to the experiments I carry out at various FOSS projects. Motto for this initiative: "You've got to experiment to figure out what works", as said by Andrew Weil. As part of this initiative, I started a new project as well.
Wiki to XML
Martin Junghans and Dirk Riehle, did research on the possibility of converting WikiCreole Markup to XML format. As a result, they created an EBNF grammar and an XML interchange format (Creole 1.0).
As I was looking for ways to get started with Ant and that too, making use of Freeform projects. I could recall that I had read some research papers, on the subject of converting wiki to xml. Thus, I found a way to write an Ant task for executing the conversion.
You may continue reading more about this over my other blog..