Posted by jfarcand
on February 3, 2009 at 8:10 AM PST
We got attacked by a community boost in January, which resulted in tons of contributions and improvements to the monster. This is for sure our biggest community release...Here comes 1.9.5!
We got attacked by a community boost in January, which resulted in tons of contributions and improvements to the monster. This is for sure our biggest community release...
January is usually a recovering mouth...except for the monster this year! After weeks of hard works and collaborations, here is a summary of Grizzly 1.9.5 changes logs:
Grizzly Comet Framework improvements: High Performant Concurrent CometHandler , Improved overall Performance , Reflector CometHandler.
- Grizzly Http: Improved GrizzlyWebServer , Mapper supports for GrizzlyAdapterChain, dynamic reconfiguration of GrizzlyAdapterChain , Suspends/Resume supports improved
- Bayeux Protocol (cometd): Improved scalability and performance, improved Java API support for Servlet, EJB, etc.
- Servlet: Sharing ServletAdapter state, Lifecycle of ServletAdapter supported, Servlet Listeners supported.
- Framework: Performance improved, Async Write optimized, UDP improvements
- Distribution: we are shipping a new OSGi bundle that contains all sub projects (Comet. Http, Servlet, etc.)
The complete changes log is here . What's next? The OSGi HttpService implementation is going fast, more Servlet fixes/missing features, performance improvements and the most important, Grizzly 2.0 first release really soon! Follow us on Twitter for every day updates on Grizzly!
technorati: grizzly web server embedded