Posted by terrencebarr
on December 6, 2008 at 6:06 PM PST
JavaFX 1.0 is here. JavaFX is the expressive platform for creating and delivering rich Internet experiences across all the screens of your life: for web browsers and desktops - and (in preview) for mobile phones.
- See Jeet Kaul's blog "JavaFX - The road ahead"
- Running JavaFX applications on real devices (see below)
- Check out this video with Jacob Lehrbaum, Sr. Product Line Manager for JavaFX Mobile
JavaFX 1.0 is here!
JavaFX is the expressive platform for creating and delivering rich Internet experiences across all the screens of your life: for web browsers and desktops - and (in preview) for mobile phones.
Today's JavaFX 1.0 release includes these components
- The JavaFX development environment including the FX Script compiler and runtime tools, graphics, media, web services, and rich text libraries
- NetBeans 6.5 with JavaFX
- The JavaFX Production Suite
- The JavaFX Desktop Runtime
- The JavaFX Mobile Runtime (in preview)
What's unique about JavaFX?
- JavaFX allows developers to create expressive rich Internet applications quickly and easily across multiple screens, including mobile phones, desktops, televisions, and other consumer devices
- JavaFX provides a unified development model for building rich client applications that integrate immersive media - audio, video, vector graphics, rich text and web services
- JavaFX features a suite of designer and developer tools that enable an efficient, productive and iterative designer-developer workflow
- JavaFX combines the best capabilities of the Java platform with comprehensive, immersive media, graphics and JavaFX Script