Posted by jfarcand
on December 3, 2008 at 7:22 PM PST
The latest release of the monster include tons of enhancements and new features like new Asynchronous I/O support, OSGi improvement, ExecutorServices now supported natively, Asynchronous Http Write...
The latest release of the monster include tons of enhancements and new features like new Asynchronous I/O support, OSGi improvement, ExecutorServices now supported natively, Asynchronous Http Write, and many more
We have worked really hard on that release to deliver what the community was asking. The list is long , but here is a summary...more details every hour on Twitter !
- Asynchronous I/O support : Module framework and http have been extended and can now take advantages of NIO.2...and the performance is fantastic!
- Asynchronous HTTP write support : Module http (our WebServer ) can now be configured to support asynchronous http write. Until now, the module was using this trick. Now you decide (via GrizzlyWebServer )
- ExecutorServices now natively supported: You can now take your favorite ExecutorServices and use it as it is (no more Wrapper needed)
- Our "on the side" Embeddable Servlet Container now supports all flavors of listeners like ServletContextListener etc. It is time to try our Servzly WebServer
- Comet Framework performance improvement: we have significantly improved the performance, and added some nice features like the ReflectorCometHandler ...and a very nice demo called Twitter ;-)
- GrizzlyAdapterChain now supports multiple GrizzlyAdapter and can map requests on the fly. You can now embed Grizzly Http and add several Adapter like ServletAdapter, JRubyAdapter, CometAdapter etc. and get requests dispatched to those Adapter.
- Improvements here and there
- A healthy community that helps improving the monster
But we don't hibernate yet...next release is coming fast
technorati: grizzly glassfish comet embeddable