Posted by brinkley
on October 10, 2008 at 4:53 PM PDT
Early Bird Registration for the Mobile, Media, and eMbedded Developer Days is now open. Additionally keynote speakers and a number of preselected sessions have been identified.
Early Bird Registration for the Mobile, Media, and eMbedded Developer Days is now open and will remain open until November 14, 2008. Early Bird registration is $175.
The keynote speakers for the event his year will be Jeet Kaul and Eric Klein. Jeet is the Vice President of Developer Products and Programs at Sun Microsystems. As vice president of the Client Software Group, Jeet Kaul leads the global team which produces Sun's key user-oriented software technologies and platforms, including Java FX, Java ME, Java SE, Java Card and Content Delivery Server.
Eric Klein is the Vice President of Java Marketing at Sun Microsystems. His team is responsible for both product management and product marketing across the myriad of market segments Java is deployed in. Vision, roadmap, strategy, requirements, partner management, messaging, and go to market are all implemented by the Java Marketing team.
Additionally the conference organizers have preselected the following sessions:
- Do It with LWUIT! (Sun)
- MIDP3 â€“ What it brings to Developers (Motorola)
- The Tru2way Roadmap (OpenCable)
- Sprint Titan Platform for Mobile Java (Sprint)
- Dating Tips for Developers (WIP)
- New Java TV Standard for Digital TV in Brazil (Sun)
- How to use the JavaFX SDK and JavaFX Mobile Emulator (Sun)
- Effective Energy Management through Java (Sentilla)
- JSR 290: Web UI for Java ME applications (Sun)
- Open Mobile Development Frameworks - A Web 2.0 based approach to the
future of Mobile Computing (Ramesh Mandyam)
- Education and the Mobile & Embedded Community (Sun)
- Java ME UI Toolkits (Nokia)
Registration is limited and if last year event is any indication you'll want to sign up early for this event. To register go to the Developer Days
web page and press the registration button.