Posted by claudio
on April 2, 2008 at 9:45 AM PDT
A long time ago I have developed a small plugin (but useful) for NetBeans 5, to configure startup settings (JVM parameter, user directory, JDK). Now I have updated it to works with NetBeans 6. It is not needed anymore to hand edit etc/netbeans.conf. See more information about this plugin and screenshots.
A long time ago I have developed a plugin to NetBeans to graphically configure netbeans.conf file. The plugin is "NetBeans Startup Settings".
Use the comments' section to give feedback. Or send me an email claudio @@ dev.java.net
NetBeans plugin portal page
project page at javaforge.com
NetBeans Plugin information
Currently to add or change any NetBeans parameter (font size, jvm
argument, look and feel), a etc/netbeans.conf file needs to be edited.
So this module, can make it easy to change those parameters, see below screenshot and feature list:
- Backup and restore original settings (etc/netbeans.conf)
- Able to configure and store different JDK and NetBeans user directory
- Store settings (jdk and userdir) under JDK Preference API
- Support to on-line updates through update center
- LGPL license
- If specified userdir doesn't exist, a new one will be created
- JDK 5 or higher
- NetBeans 6.x
- A writable $HOME/.java/.userPrefs directory
Currently, it is beta quality: 0.1 beta
see the changelog