Posted by johnsmart
on March 12, 2008 at 2:49 PM PDT
The Java Power Tools book is coming out real soon. In conjunction with this event, I will be giving some special training sessions called the Java Power Tools Bootcamps from May 2008 onwards. The first courses will be in Wellington, San Francisco and London, with other cities in Australia and the USA planned for later on in the year.
The Java Power Tools book is coming out real soon. In conjunction with this event, I will be giving some special training sessions called the Java Power Tools Bootcamps from May 2008 onwards. The first courses will be in Wellington , San Francisco and London , with other cities in New Zealand, Australia, the USA and Europe planned for later on in the year.
The Java Power Tools Bootcamp is an intense 4-day hands-on workshop covering some of the best open source tools for Java development on the market.
This one-of-a-kind course takes you on a in-depth guided tour of some of the best open source Java tools around, showing how you can use them individually and together to write code better, faster and smarter. We cover virtually all aspects of software development, from Build Scripts, SCM Best Practices, Unit and Integration Testing, code quality, and of course Continuous Integration. And we place a particular emphasis on how to make the tools work together.
Some of the principal topics covered include:
- Building a Java application using Maven 2 and Archiva
- Using Maven's dependency management in Ant
- Better Unit and Integration testing with JUnit 4.4, DBUnit and Selenium
- Automatically enforcing code quality with CheckStyle, PMD and FindBugs
- Automatically generating useful technical documentation with Maven 2 and UMLGraph
- SCM best practices with Subversion
- Automating your build process using Continuous Integration with Hudson
- Automated testing
- Automated code quality audits and metrics
- Automated reporting on project status
- Automated deployment
This is a hands-on course that will give you techniques that you can take away and immediately apply in your daily development work.
Places are strictly limited, so book quickly! You can view the schedule and book online here , or contact me directly. Come along! It should be a lot of fun!