Posted by hiheiss
on February 22, 2008 at 6:11 PM PST
Java Champion Cay Horstmann, a computer science professor and author of noted books on Java programming, discusses needed platform improvements, developer challenges, and ways to inspire students.
Check out my interview with Java Champion Cay Horstmann on java.sun.com if you want to know:
* Why it never pays to optimize code until after you profile.
* What's wrong with the JavaServer Faces library implementers, and the app server implementers
* Where JSF programmers go wrong.
* The problem with threads.
* The case for closures.
* The biggest mistakes computer science teachers make.
* Why we have too many scripting languages.
He's provocative and fun! Tell me what you think, please.