Posted by cwfrei
on January 14, 2008 at 1:42 AM PST
Java und Open Source experts have delivered numerous proposed topics for the Jazoon conference program which will take place June 23 â€“ 26, 2008. In comparison to the prior year, 80 per cent more interested speakers who want to exchange their know-how, experiences and solutions with an international Java community submitted proposals.
For this yearâ€™s Jazoon conference, 80 per cent more submissions for the conference program have been received. Another pleasing fact is an active international participation with up to 26 countries.
Within the next weeks the Jazoon Program Committee under the direction of Joachim Hagger (CTO of Netcetera) and Patrick Walther (Java User Group Switzerland) is going to select the most relevant topics and presentations.
Internationally renowned experts
The following internationally renowned experts already confirmed their participation at Jazoonâ€™08:
- Joshua Bloch (author of Effective Java, Google)
- Neal Gafter (Java Evangelist, Google)
- Rod Johnson (creator of Spring, SpringSource)
- Ted Neward (author of Effective Enterprise Java, Neward & Associates)
- Martin Odersky (creator of the programming language Scala, ETH Lausanne)
- Simon Phipps (Chief Open Source Officer, Sun Microsystems)
- James Ward (Flex Evangelist, Adobe Systems)
Further speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.