Posted by jfarcand
on July 10, 2007 at 7:56 AM PDT
We are continuing improving the project Grizzly Framework. Another release based on community feedback, and this time we voted it as beta candidate.
Project Grizzly 1.5.2 has been released and marked as beta. This release has been integrated in various products such as (to name a few) GlassFish v3 , Phobos , Restlet , Shared Shell and used/tested/evaluated by companies/products like Electronic Arts , Ericsson , Foto , Hadoop , etc.
What changed since 1.5.1:
- JRuby now supports Grizzly ARP
- Added SSL TCP Client support
- gCometd has been updated to the latest version of the Bayeuz spec.
- Grizzly Comet now supports full asynchronous read and write.
- Added the new ThreadAttachment functionality to detach the Thread attributes.
- Added a new interface called ProtocolParser that can be used with the new
ParserProtocolFilter to implement incomplete byte read support.
- Allow changing the default logger
- Removed commons-logging/modeler dependencies to reduce the bundle size
- Added a new pipeline() method to SelectorHandler to allow one thread pool per SelectorHandler
- Implement multi-selector support for the http web server
The 1.5.2 release contains ready to use components:
The binary are available here . The ready to use components are available here . Make sure you read the how to start those components. Congratulation to everybody who helped with this release.
technorati: grizzly comet cometd jruby
ajax resource consumption management glassfish