Posted by jfarcand
on June 8, 2007 at 10:39 AM PDT
Another release from Project Grizzly! This release contains a lot of new features based on community feedback, and this time the majority of the feedback is coming from external contributors and companies. Ready to use embeddable components are now available for download.
Project Grizzly 1.5.1 has been released and marked as alpha. The reason for marking the release as alpha is mostly because we have made a lot of additions since 1.5.0 and would like to ask the community to test it. We recently got a lot of good feedback and would like to make sure every user of Grizzly can test with 1.5.1 and vote for our upcoming release, targeted as stable. Personnaly I consider this release as rock solid :-)
What changed since 1.5.0:
- Make RoundRobinSelectorHandler protocol independent
- Refactor SSL so it can be used with the TCP implementation
- Client now execute on their own thread instead of the Selector Thread.
- Added RCM/Virtualization support
- Added JRuby module to the Project
- Non Blocking Client side support via interface ConnectorHandler(TCPConnectorHandler, UDPConnectorHandler)
- ConnectionManagement/Cache added and integrated
- Asynchronous OP_WRITE support added
- Controller can support more that one SelectorHandler simultaneously
- Started jruby support
- Comet API now support asynchronous read/write from a CometHandler
The 1.5.1 release contains ready to use components:
The binary are available here . The ready to use components are available here . Make sure you read the how to start those components. Congratulation to everybody who helped with this release.
NOTE: Grizzly 1.5.2 has just been released
technorati: grizzly comet cometd
ajax resource consumption management glassfish