Posted by evanx
on November 5, 2006 at 4:56 AM PST
- Beauty. Let's face it, using uppercase for method names is mental.
- Free enterprise stacks, free frameworks, free IDEs, free everything! Buy now pay later.
- java.net, jcp.org - you can brew Java.
- Java is opensource - you can brew your own java.
- Java is supported by all vendors, except Microsoft. So that's two reasons in one ;)
- Swing, the sweetest GUI'est thing :) Just add Webstart.
- Java runs on Linux.
- Java runs on MacOS.
- Java runs on your cell phone.
Please comment! Of course please don't be abusive towards other people eg. "Geoff, I'm going to rip your head off cos i don't like your head." (As in Withnail and I :)