Posted by kirillcool
on September 4, 2006 at 10:38 AM PDT
Substance LAF is pleased to announce the release of version 3.0 (Grenada). Read about the new features inside.
Substance look-and-feel is pleased to announce the release of version 3.0 (Grenada). The list of new features includes:
- Configurable flat buttons
- Combo popup display prototype (to allow wider popups)
- Tab icon animations - loading, error and warning states
- Pluggable title painters
- Saturated and desaturated color themes
- Blended color themes
- Complex color themes
- Specifying color theme on per-component basis has been expanded to include more component types.
- Tab pager in laf-widget layer.
- Configurable "select all on focus gain" text components in laf-widget layer.
- Configurable edit context menu (cut / copy / paste / select all / delete) in text components in laf-widget layer.
- Configurable drag-and-drop support for trees in laf-widget layer.
- Tab overview dialog in laf-widget layer is refreshable.
- Fractal-base watermarks in the watermark pack plugin.
- API for adding custom buttons on title panes.
- Animation effects on list selection and rollover
- Improved painting of sliders - icons are narrower
- Improved painting of splitters (honor the FLAT_PROPERTY)
- Improved painting of drag areas of toolbars
- Improved performance of menu rendering (by two orders of magnitude)
In addition, a a number of bugs have been fixed. Due to code-split (see laf-widget project ), some applications may need to follow the instructions in the migration guide .
The internationalization support now includes 17 languages with new contributions from Milan Misak (Czech) and Maciej Zwirski (Polish). Thanks to all other translators for your continued help. Thanks to all contributors, bug reporters, testers, users and the desktop community for this release. Special thanks to Mark Haag for testing the theme engine.
To launch a test application that shows Substance features, click the button below. This application is unsigned - the file dialog will not work.