Posted by walrath
on November 22, 2005 at 4:41 PM PST
If you're a student with a knack for creating Web content,
do we have an internship for you!
The Swing team has a job opening for a half-to-full-time student intern
to help us get the word out about using JavaSE for rich client apps.
Your primary job would be to help us publish a bunch of
Swing Sightings .
Other work, as time permits, could be
working on the
Swing Depot ,
helping us manage and improve
and if you're familiar with Swing and other rich client APIs
in the JDK
maybe writing/editing technical articles,
or writing demos.
There's lots to do, and it should be fun!
The skills we're looking for:
- Strong graphic design skills.
- Strong written English language skills.
- Strong HTML skills, via either hand HTML coding
or an automated tool such as DreamWeaver.
- Strong knowledge of graphics editing software
(for example, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, ImageReady)
for creating and generating images for web production.
Some other requirements:
- You must currently be enrolled in school full time.
- You'll need to work onsite in Santa Clara.
- Because the position doesn't offer relocation/housing expenses,
you should either already be in the bay area
or have a place to stay here.
If you're interested in this job,
please send e-mail to
jeff at sun dot com. Good luck!