Posted by arungupta
on September 29, 2005 at 1:17 PM PDT
NetBeans 5.0 Beta is available
5.0 beta is now available and can be downloaded here .
I've been using NetBeans
4.1 for almost a year now and in the process of installing beta version.
Here are the key advertised features:
- Improved GUI builder (Matisse). Check out this cool demo
of GUI building capabilities.
- JBoss 4 and WebLogic 9 are now supported in addition to Sun Java System
Application Server 8.1
- Improved code completion support (automatic generation of getter/setter is
my favorite) and refactoring
- Editor enhancements (automatic indentation and code folding in XML editor
are my main items)
- Debugging: Ant debugger has been included that steps through the target
The installation went without any hiccups so I hope to report on my NetBeans
5.0 experience in the days to come.