Posted by lancea
on June 10, 2005 at 7:44 AM PDT
An early draft of the JDBC 4.0 spec has been released.
Features included in the JDBC 4.0 EDR are:
- Ease of Development features intended to assist in reducing the coding burden and maintenance responsibilities of the developer
- Automatic loading of java.sql.Driver implementations
- SQL2003 XML data type Support
- ROWID data type Support
- National Character Set Conversion Support
- Enhanced Blob and Clob support
- SQLException enhancements including J2SE chained Exception support
- Ability to unwrap implementation of JDBC classes to make use of
non-standard JDBC methods provided by vendor implementations
- Enhancements to Connection and Statement interfaces to permit
improved connection state tracking, and greater flexibility when managing Statement objects in pool environments
We look forward to your feedback.