Posted by lancea
on June 4, 2004 at 2:11 PM PDT
It is hard to believe that JavaOne is fast approaching. It seems that I just got back from last year's. I am now preparing for this year's event (including finishing my presentation!) and there is a lot to think about:
- Where do I stay (and not blow my budget)?
- What sessions do i attend in person?
- Where should I go to eat?
- and of course which parties should i attend?
It looks like another strong year for J2EE related presentations .
If you have not tinkered with the J2EE 1.4 SDK, then you might want to check out:
- JavaTM 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EETM) Software Development Kit (J2EE 1.4 SDK) Overview, TS-1951
I am sure you are like me and want to see what the future holds. You can get a glimpse of it from the following J2EE sessions:
- J2EETM Platform Version 1.5 and Beyond, TS-3888
- Enterprise JavaBeansTM Architecture 3.0, TS-1861
- Enterprise JavaBeansTM (EJBTM) Technologies 3.0: Simplifying and Enhancing the EJB Persistence Model, TS-2836
- Next-Generation Web Services in the JavaTM Platform, TS-2394
- Web Tier State of the Union, TS-2702
A couple of Web Services sessions also caught my fancy:
- JavaTM 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EETM) Web Services, TS-1650
- Web Services Interoperability and Performance: JavaTM 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EETM) and .NET, TS-2797
Another hot J2EE area this year is Business Integration where there are several presentations to choose from:
- JavaTM Business Integration: JSR 208, TS-1056
- JavaTM Business Integration (JSR 208) , TS-2725
- JSR 208:JavaTM Business Integration, The Enterprise View ,TS-2455
This is just a small sampling of some of the really interesting presentations that I found on J2EE. I hope to see you there!