Posted by jonathansimon
on July 7, 2004 at 5:53 AM PDT
For all you who love whitespace as much as I do, here is another completely useless language.
Basically, this guy set out to write a really small (or smallest) Turing complete language back when the Amiga was king. Apparently, he got it down to under 200k.
Here is the full list of commands.
- > Increment the pointer.
- < Decrement the pointer.
- + Increment the byte at the pointer.
- - Decrement the byte at the pointer.
- . Output the byte at the pointer.
- , Input a byte and store it in the byte at the pointer.
- [ Jump forward past the matching ] if the byte at the pointer is zero.
- ] Jump backward to the matching [ unless the byte at the pointer is zero.
To really appreciate this, you have to check out the examples here and here