start-domain fails in OpenVZ virtual server
1. I try to install GlassFish 3.1.2 inside an OpenVZ virtual machine. It runs CentOS 6.2@x86. I also performed an additional installation inside VirtualBox with 1 GB RAM and it was successful, also on CentOS 6.2@x86.
2. I installed Java SE using rpm package from Oracle:
$ rpm -qa | grep jdk
3. Also, I updated enveriomental variables (/etc/enverionment):
$ echo $JAVA_HOME
It seems to be set well.
4. My /etc/meminfo:
<br /> $ cat /proc/meminfo<br /> MemTotal: 2150400 kB<br /> MemFree: 2108584 kB<br /> Cached: 27312 kB<br /> Active: 21628 kB<br /> Inactive: 10848 kB<br /> Active(anon): 5160 kB<br /> Inactive(anon): 4 kB<br /> Active(file): 16468 kB<br /> Inactive(file): 10844 kB<br /> Unevictable: 0 kB<br /> Mlocked: 0 kB<br /> SwapTotal: 0 kB<br /> SwapFree: 0 kB<br /> Dirty: 0 kB<br /> Writeback: 0 kB<br /> AnonPages: 5164 kB<br /> Shmem: 2564 kB<br /> Slab: 2784 kB<br /> SReclaimable: 1164 kB<br /> SUnreclaim: 1620 kB<br />
I'm unable to set up SWAP file in OpenVZ.
5. Hostname and IP address in /etc/hosts is set.
6. I unziped glassfish archive in /home/glassfish.
First, I try to launch it as root (in my virtualBox it runs as user and I'm going to use casual user).
I try to launch domain to check whether it is able to run it:
<br /> # /home/glassfish/bin/./asadmin start-domain domain1</p> <p>Waiting for domain1 to start Error starting domain domain1.<br /> The server exited prematurely with exit code 1.<br /> Before it died, it produced the following output:</p> <p>Error occurred during initialization of VM<br /> Too small initial heap</p> <p>Command start-domain failed.<br />
6. In file: /home/glassfish/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/domain.xml
Any help on resolving this problem would be appreciated.