OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space --> How to fix this
Hello my java3D colleagues and Friends.
I am aware thet this memory issue from the JVM should perhaps be elsewere than on this java3D forum .... but well I like this forum.
- I am using a recent 4G Bytes computer.
- The parameters I put for my Applet is -Xms1290m -Xmx1290m
- I load about 30 10MB-photos.
- At the 22 photos I get the infamous "OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"
- I tryed to put more heap space ( -Xms2000m -Xmx2000m ) but the OutOfMemory exception is raised also at the 22th photo about when my applet uses 1300 M bytes of memory. It seems there is a CAP on the memory heap space I can give to the JVM.... (?)
- I really would love to have a heap space bigger than 1290MBytes. Is is possible. I have windows7-with-64bit
- I wonder if it is not possible to give the JVM a memory-space (ie heap space) that never crash [I mean when there is no physical memory it saves the memory pages on the hard drive... without crashing].
Thanks for your time reading this. Don't hesitate to educate me about the heapspace things on the JVM.... I am no expert at all ;)