I have two canvas3d objects which I add/remove objects and update their geometry quite frequently. My program locks up intermittently. When it locks up I cannot do a thread dump with IntelliJ, and Netbeans profiler just stops profiling.
This is a swing application, and I have tried to make sure all of my swing modifications are performed on the event queue, but I don't know where I should be modifying my Java3d objects.
Sometimes I can do a thread dump with intellij and then the program will become responsive again, but that is rare.
It is possible this is related to my computer because nobody else seems to complain about this problem. So I'm also looking for a 'best practices' type of answers