Skip to main content

com.sun.rave.web.ui in XHTML the namespace can not be found

3 replies [Last post]
gomtu
Offline
Joined: 2007-10-25
Points: 0

Hi,

I need to migrate an old JSF application, which was once written with Sun Studio Creator, to JSF 2.0. We want to use PrimeFaces in combination with RichFaces. I already tested it, and it works.

I could simply replace all old components with new JSF 2.0 components from PrimeFaces or RichFaces. But due to our schedule we would like to do a soft migration, meaning replacing the components step by step while old and new happily life side by side in the application.

I'm having problems with the use of the old com.sun.rave.web.ui components in XHTML. The XML namespace can not be found: xmls:webui="http://www.sun.com/web/ui". What can I do, that this namespace can be found? Can I configure the embedded faces-config.xml or the taglib inside the component jar file of com.sun.rave.web? If so, what should be changed? (I already played with the taglib and faces-config, but it had no influence.)

Continue using JSP is not an option, despite the fact that PrimeFaces 2.0 doesn't work with JSP (at least not for me).

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Joel Weight

We recently began the migration from 1.2 to 2.0 hoping to take much the same
approach. We thought it would be fairly simple, but it has ended up being a
rather large investment. We were using quipukit (now open faces) and
tomahawk, neither of which officially work in JSF 2.0. I'm surprised you
are going to use RichFaces. Are you using 4.0 alpha?

I can't say anything about com.sun.rave.web.ui stuff, but I will say that
primefaces is the only component library we have found so far that works
(except for the upload control).

We also had major problems where we had been using ui:composition for
reusable components. We had to change almost all of those to composite
components because the compositions weren't behaving the same in 2.0 as they
did in 1.2.

I wish you luck in your migration, and hope it goes smoother than ours has
been so far.
Joel

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:12 PM, wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to migrate an old JSF application, which was once written with Sun
> Studio Creator, to JSF 2.0. We want to use PrimeFaces in combination with
> RichFaces. I already tested it, and it works.
>
> I could simply replace all old components with new JSF 2.0 components from
> PrimeFaces or RichFaces. But due to our schedule we would like to do a soft
> migration, meaning replacing the components step by step while old and new
> happily life side by side in the application.
>
> I'm having problems with the use of the old com.sun.rave.web.ui components
> in XHTML. The XML namespace can not be found: xmls:webui="
> http://www.sun.com/web/ui". What can I do, that this namespace can be
> found? Can I configure the embedded faces-config.xml or the taglib inside
> the component jar file of com.sun.rave.web? If so, what should be changed?
> (I already played with the taglib and faces-config, but it had no
> influence.)
>
> Continue using JSP is not an option, despite the fact that PrimeFaces 2.0
> doesn't work with JSP (at least not for me).
>
> Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> [Message sent by forum member 'gomtu']
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=476934
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: webtier-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: webtier-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>
>
[att1.html]

gomtu
Offline
Joined: 2007-10-25
Points: 0

Thanks for your reply!

I did another investigation, hoping that adding a [i]taglib.xml[/i] to [i]META-INF[/i] folder would help. The namespace was recognized. But then I ran into another problem with the classes:

...
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.sun.rave.web.ui.component.StaticText.
...

I could modify the sourcecode and maybe add a default constructor. But since I don't have it I have to use a decompiler. However this is to much effort and we are not sure if it will really work out. So we decided to take the hard way: to get rid of the rave components in one step.

Yes, I'm using RichFaces 4.0 ALPHA. The set of components is limited yet, but I'm sure they will have ported all their components soon.

Edward Burns

On 7/7/10 6:01 , webtier@javadesktop.org wrote:
> Thanks for your reply!
>
> I did another investigation, hoping that adding a [i]taglib.xml[/i] to [i]META-INF[/i] folder would help. The namespace was recognized. But then I ran into another problem with the classes:
>
> ...
> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.sun.rave.web.ui.component.StaticText.

I'm very glad to hear of your migration plans, and thanks for sharing them here.

Before we go further, I'd like to rule out one very obvious problem with your
approach, and offer a solution if the problem actually exists.

It seems like you migrating your pages from JSPX to Facelets. If this is correct,
then you need to create a facelets version of the com.sun.rave.web.ui taglib.
Don't panic! This is not that hard to do.

Take a look at

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/edburns/archive/2009/10/15/jsf2-facelet-tag...

To get an idea of what to do.

If this is, in fact, one part of your migration problem, then it makes a good
opportunity for a blog post. I'll try to make some time to make such a post.

Thanks for bringing this to light.

Ed

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: webtier-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: webtier-help@glassfish.dev.java.net