Skip to main content

SunPKCS11 not found on GF 2.1 with 64bit JVM

4 replies [Last post]
Anonymous

Hello

I have a web application that digitally signs files using a smart card
device. The application runs in the following environment:

- JVM 1.6u20 64-bit
- Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02 (build b04-fcs)
- Windows Server 2003 x64 SP2
- Intel Xeon CPU

When I open the smart card device from code I get the following exception:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11
...
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11
at
com.sun.enterprise.loader.EJBClassLoader.findClassData(EJBClassLoader.java:738)
at
com.sun.enterprise.loader.EJBClassLoader.findClass(EJBClassLoader.java:628)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)

I installed a 32-bit JVM, linking the application server to it and
everything runs fine.

What's wrong with 64bit ?
--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/SunPKCS11-not-found-on-GF-2.1-with-64bit-JVM-tp286...
Sent from the java.net - glassfish users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Shing Wai Chan

The corresponding classes may not be in 64 bit JDK in Window platform.
As a temporary workaround, you may like to use 32 bit in Window in this
moment.
Thanks.
Shing Wai Chan

On 5/26/10 3:46 AM, p_repetti wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a web application that digitally signs files using a smart card
> device. The application runs in the following environment:
>
> - JVM 1.6u20 64-bit
> - Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02 (build b04-fcs)
> - Windows Server 2003 x64 SP2
> - Intel Xeon CPU
>
> When I open the smart card device from code I get the following exception:
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11
> ...
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.loader.EJBClassLoader.findClassData(EJBClassLoader.java:738)
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.loader.EJBClassLoader.findClass(EJBClassLoader.java:628)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
>
> I installed a 32-bit JVM, linking the application server to it and
> everything runs fine.
>
> What's wrong with 64bit ?
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

p_repetti

I see. Could you direct me to any reference (Sun issues, posts, articles,
whatever) about that ?

Thank you very much

-- Pierangelo

Shing Wai Chan-2 wrote:
>
> The corresponding classes may not be in 64 bit JDK in Window platform.
> As a temporary workaround, you may like to use 32 bit in Window in this
> moment.
> Thanks.
> Shing Wai Chan
>
> On 5/26/10 3:46 AM, p_repetti wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have a web application that digitally signs files using a smart card
>> device. The application runs in the following environment:
>>
>> - JVM 1.6u20 64-bit
>> - Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02 (build b04-fcs)
>> - Windows Server 2003 x64 SP2
>> - Intel Xeon CPU
>>
>> When I open the smart card device from code I get the following
>> exception:
>>
>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11
>> ...
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11
>> at
>> com.sun.enterprise.loader.EJBClassLoader.findClassData(EJBClassLoader.java:738)
>> at
>> com.sun.enterprise.loader.EJBClassLoader.findClass(EJBClassLoader.java:628)
>> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
>> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
>> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
>>
>> I installed a 32-bit JVM, linking the application server to it and
>> everything runs fine.
>>
>> What's wrong with 64bit ?
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>
>
>

--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/SunPKCS11-not-found-on-GF-2.1-with-64bit-JVM-tp286...
Sent from the java.net - glassfish users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

Shing Wai Chan

This is not supported as mentioned in JDK 6.0 on 64 bit windows.
See
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/p11guide.html
Shing Wai Chan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

Martin Gainty

Heres the doc:

The Sun PKCS#11 provider is supported on Solaris (SPARC and x86) and Linux (x86) in both 32-bit and 64-bit Java processes.

It is also supported on 32-bit Windows (x86) but not currently on 64-bit Windows platforms ...due to the lack of suitable PKCS#11 libraries.

//a quick configure with the PKCS11 libs reveals a hard dependency on libp11

./configure

configure: error: libp11 >= 0.2.5 is required

mgainty@localhost /PKCS/engine_pkcs11-0.1.8

would anyone know where I can obtain libp11 (v 0.2.5+)?
Martin Gainty
______________________________________________
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité

Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaenger sein, so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht dient lediglich dem Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet keine rechtliche Bindungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.
Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que pour satisfaire informez l'expéditeur. N'importe quelle diffusion non autorisée ou la copie de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert à l'information seulement et n'aura pas n'importe quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant donné que les email peuvent facilement être sujets à la manipulation, nous ne pouvons accepter aucune responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 10:57:56 -0700
> From: shing.wai.chan...
> To: users@glassfish.dev.java.net
> Subject: Re: SunPKCS11 not found on GF 2.1 with 64bit JVM
>
> This is not supported as mentioned in JDK 6.0 on 64 bit windows.
> See
> http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/p11guide.html
> Shing Wai Chan
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>

_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:...
[att1.html]