Java ME memory usage study
Hi. I'm looking for an expert to help assess how much additional RAM (minimum, typical, max) would be needed for an embedded ARM7 system to run a Java ME Runtime Engine and Virtual Machine on top of Linux, and additionally, what amount of additional RAM would be used by a small Java ME applet or servlet. System performance factors will need to be taken into consideration.
Ideally, I'd like to find someone who has already ported PhoneME / Java ME to an ARM7 & Linux system before, ie. who :
- already knows what issues to expect and has direct empirical knowledge of the memory usage based on similar cases
- can set me straight on which of my assumptions are wrong and why
- has some realistic view of what libraries or packages would really be needed for my project purpose
- can do this within the next ~week
- is willing to sign a basic NDA (my company to you as an individual)
This request may be a conversation over lunch, or more likely a half-day research project. I can pay for your help if needed.
There is a reasonable chance that this could expand into a full project to implement a Phone ME port to my system in the next 1-3 months if there is mutual interest, but the immediate goal here is just to do a memory requirements assessment.
If you can help me on this, please let me know.
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please let me know your phone number, and what city you live in. Also, if you are presently employed, I appreciate if you can let me know who your employer is so I can be comfortable that I won't put you or me in any conflict of interest position.