Skip to main content

jsf2 labels disappear when validation fails

7 replies [Last post]
ymajoros
Offline
Joined: 2007-12-10
Points: 0

Hi,

Whenever validations fails for a field, all labels disappear. As well, the outputText on line 3 is not rendered. I could even put some random value for the value property, it seems it isn't even interpreted. I have this problem for my whole project.

Is this normal? What did I miss?

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
ymajoros
Offline
Joined: 2007-12-10
Points: 0

How can I mark an answer as correct? I don't see any button :-/

Ed Burns

On 2/23/10 5:54 AM, webtier@javadesktop.org wrote:
> How can I mark an answer as correct? I don't see any button :-/

I don't think our forums have such a feature, but I'm glad you have
found satisfaction.

Ed Burns JSF Specification co-leader.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: webtier-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: webtier-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

ymajoros
Offline
Joined: 2007-12-10
Points: 0

Ok, I tried to upgrade the libs in my installed glassfish, without success.

I reinstalled a fresh glassfish copy and... gone is the bug :-)

Thank you!

Yannick

Ryan Lubke

What version/implementation of JSF 2.0 are you using?

On 2/9/10 12:48 AM, webtier@javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Whenever validations fails for a field, all labels disappear. As well, the outputText on line 3 is not rendered. I could even put some random value for the value property, it seems it isn't even interpreted. I have this problem for my whole project.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

>

>
>

>
> Is this normal? What did I miss?
> [Message sent by forum member 'ymajoros' (yannick.majoros@gmail.com)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=385599
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: webtier-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: webtier-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: webtier-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: webtier-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

ymajoros
Offline
Joined: 2007-12-10
Points: 0

Mojarra 2.02 FCS 08

Noticed there is also Mojarra 2.02 FCS 10. Could this be solved in this (silent?) release?

Ryan Lubke

On 2/9/10 10:02 AM, webtier@javadesktop.org wrote:
> Mojarra 2.02 FCS 08
>
> Noticed there is also Mojarra 2.02 FCS 10. Could this be solved in this (silent?) release?
>
Mojarra 2.0.2-b08 is not a final build. Please upgrade to 2.0.2.

> [Message sent by forum member 'ymajoros' (yannick.majoros@gmail.com)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=385712
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: webtier-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: webtier-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: webtier-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: webtier-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

ymajoros
Offline
Joined: 2007-12-10
Points: 0

Well, it's the one installed with glassfish v3 bundled with netbeans 6.8. I will upgrade anyway, but didn't see anything about that in the changelog.