As much as I love SwingX... What is wrong with you people?
Hi everyone. This post is directed towards the people who are developing SwingX and maintaining the java.net page and swinglabs website.
I really love what you are doing and everything you have accomplished so far. I understand that SwingX is not a charity project and that it is provided on a as is basis. That beeing said...
Why do you make it so DIFFICULT to find good information about the project and it's status and most of all - how to use the SwingX classes?
- Swinglabs website is ALWAYS DOWN - I can never access the information I need WHEN I need it. You might as well throw up a website with a "fuck off" sign because that is the signal YOU are sending me and the rest of the swingX fans.
- The content of your swinglabs website has no mirror. You really don't want people to find the content do you?
- The java.net page for swingX say nothing about swingX 1.6 and seems not to have been updated for a years. The download section has two old files and nothing more. How about cleaning up - If you are not using a page get rid off it. If the page cannot be updated regurily provide a minimum amount of information and relevant links to a reliable online website with the updated information.
- SwingX or swinglabs cannot be found when making a search under java.net projects section. How difficult do you want to make it finding your project page?
- The one time I could access Swinglabs website, the section explaining how to set it up in netbeans IDE was missing... "Please click here and we'll tell you how to..." and the next page beeing "sorry... this section is not complete!". Yet again - why not just show a "fuck off" sign and be honest about it.
- The documentation with the swinglabs bundle has no tutorials. Just look at JExcelApi if you need a good example. That library comes with a minimalistic tutorial that covers all relevant points. How difficult can it be to put down one hour of your time to make that happen and make your library five billion times more accessible?
Are you serious about your project or are you just farting around? You would think that the work you have put down on these libraries have taken you thousands of hours and taking care of these basic points promoting and making your project accessible would take only a FRACTION of that time.
I am so bloddy frutstrated with that lack of information on this. I spent days developing using JXTable and only yesterday I found a hint that maybe the reason my controlviewcontrol won't show up is because I haven't done X/Y/Z the swingX way... So what is the swingX way regarding JXTable?
Do you just build libraries and through them out there or do you want people to use and test them? If the answer is the later then it is something you can easily accomplish - so why not start at that end (the documentation and availability of tutorial material) before adding new fancy functions...
Now, your turn to flame me all you want...
...or you can take the feedback as grown ups.