Hello. We are 18/12/2009.
- I just wanted to know if there was a "date" for the release of 6u18 "public" version.
- And also the date when the download of "java" point to -u18 rather tahn 6u17.
Thanks, Thierry java Frontend dev
> 6u18 is released yesterday (1/13)
1) Yes and it is since a few days (it's 23/01/2010) the java standard download is also -u18
2) I must say that I notice some very very interesting speedup with my application :
- [b]JVM startup[/b] of the jvm looks on my machine I would say [u]30% faster[/u] than u17
- My [b]Applet Lauching[/b] is perhaps [u]25% faster[/u] to run (once the jvm is on)
- Finnally I notice also a [b]faster sartup-3D-rendering[/b] of my 3D scene [I use sun's java3D]. Maybe because image are faster to process, I really don't know... but that is really a good surprise.
Applet now getting sexy ...
I want in this post to thank the people(s) at Sun who have made this happy java-update-18 so great for me.
Good engeneering job. Bravo and thanks again !
Can this new update be installed on any server. I use XP still and was making sure that it would be compatible with it?
The same question for me. We have to plan our further upgrades of our product and it would be a great help when we'd know when java 6_18 is planned to be delivered.
Maybe you (sun) didn't realize, but Windows 7 is out for a while now and Java Apps (especially file dialogs) are not usable on Windows 7.
So we really need 6_18 to get windows 7 compatibility.
6u18 is released yesterday (1/13).
With this new version, I've noticed that whenever I launch a webstart app, the webstart downloading/launching window always appears, even if for a split second. If there is a custom splash, it appears just after the splash. The attached screenshot shows this when launching one of the webstart apps from the sun tutorial.
Is this a bug or a feature? I find it visually annoying and unnecessary to show this window if there are no updates to be downloaded when launching the app.
Thanks for reporting this. We have created a bug report to keep track of the issue. Bug ID: 6918186
Your use of this web site or any of its content or software indicates your agreement to be bound by these Terms of Participation.
Copyright © 2015, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.