Skip to main content

alignment is not working

4 replies [Last post]
anilv
Offline
Joined: 2007-07-30
Points: 0

here is the sample code.

The output is like this.
A
B
C
D

I want to align this output as A B C D.

Please suggest me on this solution.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Jeffrey Blattman

your code renders a 1-column table as expected. you have on column tag
inside your table. if you really want a table where the number of
columns is dynamic depending on your data set, you could build the table
manually in your bean.

could you make do with something simpler, like





using ui:repeat would be preferable to c:forEach, if you are using facelets.

On 7/8/09 5:35 AM, webtier@javadesktop.org wrote:
> here is the sample code.
>
>
> The output is like this.
> A
> B
> C
> D
>
> I want to align this output as A B C D.
>
> Please suggest me on this solution.
> [Message sent by forum member 'anilv' (anilv)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=354631
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: webtier-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: webtier-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: webtier-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: webtier-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

anilv
Offline
Joined: 2007-07-30
Points: 0

Thanks for your reply Jeffrey. I tried the same way as per your instructions some how its not working. I read few of the articles abt jstl and jsf. they are also not recomanding to use it.

another option as you said, ui:repeat . How to use this tag. I mean what are the libraries do I need to download.

Thanks,
Anil

Jeffrey Blattman

On 7/8/09 7:55 AM, webtier@javadesktop.org wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Jeffrey. I tried the same way as per your instructions some how its not working. I read few of the articles abt jstl and jsf. they are also not recomanding to use it.
>
agreed, but i am not sure if the story has changed for more recent
versions i of JSF. i had tried it with some strange results w/ JSF 1.2.
> another option as you said, ui:repeat . How to use this tag. I mean what are the libraries do I need to download.
>
>
google "facelets". it's a JSP replacement that among other things
provides a native iteration tag and allows intermixing of JSTL and JSF
tags. if you already have a large project converting it from JSP to
facelets might be a big job, but if you are just getting started i'd
highly recommend ditching JSP.
> Thanks,
> Anil
> [Message sent by forum member 'anilv' (anilv)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=354677
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: webtier-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: webtier-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: webtier-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: webtier-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

Jason Lee

On Jul 8, 2009, at 10:06 AM, Jeffrey Blattman wrote:
> google "facelets". it's a JSP replacement that among other things
> provides a native iteration tag and allows intermixing of JSTL and
> JSF tags. if you already have a large project converting it from JSP
> to facelets might be a big job, but if you are just getting started
> i'd highly recommend ditching JSP.

FWIW, all the cool new features in JSF 2 will be available only to
Facelets users, which is also part of the JSF 2 spec.

Jason Lee
Senior Java Developer
GlassFish Administration Console

Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Phone x31197/+1 405-343-1964
Email jasondlee@sun.com
Blog http://blogs.sun.com/jasondlee
Blog http://blogs.steeplesoft.com

[att1.html]