How to add pluggins to a Rich Client
Pluggins Help RequestHi guys,We have been building a Blog Writer desktop application using java and swing.You can take a look at our 1.0 version using this link ->http://www.psiqueware.com/girasol/launch.jnlp or http://www.psiqueware.com/pw/scope.do?doc=downloads_enWe have reach the stage where we want add plugin functionality.My concerns are about it are the following:About Loading and Downloading
- Should we just download them using https from our site to our temporal directory and create a custom classloader .
- How do you recommend us to download and load the pluggins?
- Do you know any other mecanism that we can benefit from?
- Is it posible to isolate attached jars? How? I mean if two pluggins contain 2 separated versions of spring it could be problematic.
- Is it posible to partially isolate downloaded pluggins? It would be great have comunication between a limited number of clases.
- Our application uses jnlp, can we reuse something in that area?
- Does anybody knows about an existing library for us to use?
I have no experience with custom classloaders therefore I think I can benefit from every one of your comments, thank you-- AngelPS: I leave you with some screenshots of our project.