Skip to main content

[webtier] JSF2 Bugs -- AJAX and more

1 reply [Last post]
Anonymous

One of our components (a simple wrapper for ) refuses to be
re-rendered by JSF2 ajax in Firefox... but in IE, re-renders
consistently.

Sometimes AJAX will stop working on a page entirely... after 2 events.
-- removing any render="" statements from the tag allows AJAX
events to keep occurring after 2 events. This is specifically related to
when render is pointed at the above mentioned component.

The disabled="" attribute on inputText components seems to not be
accepting EL.

We seem to be breaking this stuff often, and providing relevant snippits
is difficult, so... for the benefit of the community, we are willing to
offer our full WAR and Sources for your eyes only (don't judge us, it's
a very beta ;)

If you take us up on it, we can figure out how to get it to you, with a
list of bugs and how to reproduce them in our App.

Ryan, this would also mean (if you want) that I can put back the old
version of PrettyFaces and let you see the lovely nullpointer issue in
the PrettyFilter class that I was getting.

Let us know..
--Lincoln

[att1.html]

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Ryan Lubke

On 4/11/09 7:28 AM, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
> One of our components (a simple wrapper for ) refuses to
> be re-rendered by JSF2 ajax in Firefox... but in IE, re-renders
> consistently.
Which version of Firefox?
>
> Sometimes AJAX will stop working on a page entirely... after 2 events.
> -- removing any render="" statements from the tag allows AJAX
> events to keep occurring after 2 events. This is specifically related
> to when render is pointed at the above mentioned component.
Any errors on the browser's console?
>
> The disabled="" attribute on inputText components seems to not be
> accepting EL.
I've tested this locally without issue. We'll need more info.
>
> We seem to be breaking this stuff often, and providing relevant
> snippits is difficult, so... for the benefit of the community, we are
> willing to offer our full WAR and Sources for your eyes only (don't
> judge us, it's a very beta ;)
>
> If you take us up on it, we can figure out how to get it to you, with
> a list of bugs and how to reproduce them in our App.
>
> Ryan, this would also mean (if you want) that I can put back the old
> version of PrettyFaces and let you see the lovely nullpointer issue in
> the PrettyFilter class that I was getting.
Sure. You have my email address. Send it my way.
>
> Let us know..
> --Lincoln
>
>

[att1.html]