IE hangs with plugin2 and "complex" webapp.
I have found out that using the new plugin in IE causes trouble when applets are loaded in a JSF webb app using seam and rich faces. The webb app is constructed with several frames.
I know that frames usually is considered to be a big nono but we are due to customer requirements forced to use them.
I haven't had the time to construct an example application yet. However I built a simple webb application that doesn't use JSF and that is constructed with the exact same frame layout as our JSF app. Surprisingly or not this works very well. I can do multiple reload without any interruptions. But as soon as I mix JSF things into the picture IE refuses to work properly.
I have tried our application in firefox and as you would guess things work.
Do someone have any hints on a workaround besides using FF. I have also disabled the new plugin in the control panel. This works but isn't a good option for us since we then need to tell our future users that they need to set the xmx flag on their jre and if they use the new plugin it will have to be disabled.