Mobicents Sip Servlets 0.7 released !!
We are happy to announce the public availability of Mobicents Sip Servlets v0.7 certified for Sip Servlets 1.1 !
Mobicents Sip Servlets implementation run on top of Apache Tomcat 6.0.14 and now on JBoss AS 4.2.3.GA.
The highlights of this release are :
* Concurrency and Congestion Control : http://www.mobicents.org/concurrency.html
* Diameter support (Technology Preview) : See http://www.mobicents.org/diameter_event_charging.html
* Mid Call Failover Support for all kind of pure SIP Applications (Proxy, B2BUA, UAC, UAS)
* Seamless integration into JOPR and Embedded JOPR (JBoss Administration console), the JBoss Enterprise management solution. : See http://www.mobicents.org/mss-jopr-plugin.html
* Two new shiny examples :
o a conference media server demo application built on GWT with server-push updates, see http://www.mobicents.org/conference-demo.html and vlad's blog post about it at http://vladimirralev.blogspot.com/2008/10/conference-demo-for-sip-servle...
o a Diameter Event Charging service based on Location Service that performs call charging at a fixed-rate (event charging). See : diameter_event_charging.html
* JBoss Seam framework is now able to enhance your sip servlets application (Technology preview) : http://www.mobicents.org/mss-seam.html
* Management Console has been updated
* Mobicents Sip Servlets User Guide : http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/MobicentsDocumentation/lastSuccessful...
* More Extensions : PRACK, OPTIONS, INFO
* Various Enhancements and Bug fixes :
o Move to JBoss AS 4.2.3.GA
o MSS Clustering improvements
o Annotation parsing fixed : Able to deploy sip applications without sip.xml present
o Incorrect Session Invalidation for SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY
o Implementation of 17.8 P-Asserted Identity Security
o SipURIImpl.getUser() was throwing NullPointerException instead of returning null
o SipFactoryImpl.createSipServletRequest(...) uses App. Session key as Call-ID instead of random, unique ID
o One SipServlet and no main-handler tag in sip.xml didn't work
o Long From tags caused some phones to fail
o Externalized jain sip stack configuration in a separate properties file
See http://www.mobicents.org/roadmap.html for more information and links to corresponding Issues
Thanks to the community for the bug reports and to Hauke D