vm capabilities question and licensing question
I am still getting the midp build failure.. But I have a different question which is perhaps more important.
I would like to use the phoneME in the following manner...
1. Compile the phoneME VM as a DLL... or as a static library. No difference to me.
2. Initialize the VM without a main class..
3. Use the VM with JNI just like the real JVM but without the huge install necessary.. I would provide some core libraries and allow others to be dynamically downloaded.
4. Port to platforms as needed.
5. Not pay any fees. Not require users to download the entire java runtime.. Not release my code..
6. Allow myself to load the DLL privately.. (sometimes I have problems because other "owner applications - mozilla".. loads the jvm-dll with a different class path.. Fix some problems with class paths that are unicode - outside of the language set of the environment)
I am concerned because phoneME is under GPLv2 instead of LGPL..
How does this affect applications that link to it?
Can I theoretically do everything above?