Skip to main content

Run Midlet

6 replies [Last post]
luberengae
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-20

Hi,
I'm new to Phone Me Feature.
I've managed to build the entire stack successfully but when i try to run the batch file named runPhoneMe.bat i get the following error message.

Unable to locate component.
This application has failed to start because sublime.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Has anyone come across this problem and how can i fix it.

OS: windows XP service pack 3
IDE: Visual C++ 6 professional service Pack 5
with Visual C++ Processor Pack 6
PhoneMe Feature MR3

I have two version of Wireless Toolkit installed 2.1 and 2.5.2
NetBeans IDE 6.1 is also installed

any solutions would be much appreciated.
I tried to copy sublime.dll to the bin directory but that didn't work
I've got Visual Studio.NET 2003 installled but haven't yet tried building it using this version of visual studio i though i'd try and fin out if it is possible to build
MR3 using VS6

please let me know if you need anymore information to further diagnose the problem been going at it for 2 days and i'm going out of my mind.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
sueja
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-08

Thank you for your answer.
I had downloaded those file and unziped correctly.
That is jsr135_mmapi\mQCore.
But I don't know how to check whether it had be built together.
Is there another variable should be set?

luberengae
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-20

did you set jsr135 and jsr 234 variable before you built the javacall api

tusharj9
Offline
Joined: 2005-09-22

I guess you have not downloaded lime.zip and qsound.zip from https://phoneme.dev.java.net/downloads_page.html
Download and unzip in appropriate folder in your phoneME source folder. This should solve your problem.

--Tushar

luberengae
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-20

the version i used of MR3 that i have could not build the javacall api layer without the lime folder. i have downloaded lime.zip and qsound.zip may be i have placed them in the wrong folders

please could you tell me exactly where i'm supposed to unzip them into.
my directory structure looks something like this

* marks where i placed lime.zip and qsound.zip

e:/phoneme/midp
e:/phoneme/docs
e:/phoneme/pcsl
e:/phoneme/javacall
e:/phoneme/javacall-com/../implementation/win32_emul/mmapi_jsr135 *
e:/phoneme/jsr135
e:/phoneme/midp
e:/phoneme/lime *
e:/phoneme/cldc
e:/phoneme/jpeg
e:/phoneme/jsr120
e:/phoneme/jsr172
e:/phoneme/jsr177
e:/phoneme/jsr211
e:/phoneme/jsr234
e:/phoneme/jsr239

this is not the exact structure but looks quite similar any pointers will be greatly appreciated as i'm going out of my mind.

all api's layers seem to build fine without any errors but when i try to run the batch file it just displays the error dialog box above.

don't know if i have to set the class path for WTK as the build seems to create it's own WTK and i have two version installed 2.1 and 2.5.2

i've built MR2 on the same machine and that works like a charm.. but does not have the function i need for the midlet i would like to create.

sueja
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-08

I also have this question.
the file directory is ..\build_ouput\midp\bin\i386
the command is runMidlet 1

the commandline displays"[CRIT] [core ] Illegal argument to KVM: 1"
I don't know where the problem is.I think the building is successful.

luberengae
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-20

i'll try running that and see what i get