Skip to main content

Invalid Chunk Header

25 replies [Last post]
frull
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-27

Hi,

First post and I hope this is the right forum.

I receive an exception, java.io.IOException, with message "Invalid chunk header" when trying to communication with the server from a j2me application.
This has happened randomly before but now I receive this continuously when sending specific data.

We are using Sun Application Server 9.1
I'm willing to provide as much information as needed to try to solved this. I'm happy to receive any kind of help, hints etc.

See log from application server below.

Best regards,
Fred

--------------------
[#|2008-10-27T09:39:28.809+0000|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.stream.err|_ThreadID=16;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-9200-1;_RequestID=3d30baf1-70ad-4c70-bf27-bd7e2063dfc2;|
java.io.IOException: Invalid chunk header
at org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedInputFilter.doRead(ChunkedInputFilter.java:155)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.doRead(InternalInputBuffer.java:702)
at org.apache.coyote.Request.doRead(Request.java:465)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.InputBuffer.realReadBytes(InputBuffer.java:326)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.substract(ByteChunk.java:362)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.InputBuffer.readByte(InputBuffer.java:335)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteInputStream.read(CoyoteInputStream.java:143)
at java.io.DataInputStream.readShort(DataInputStream.java:295)
at mmsmidletapiif.WebToMobileServlet.doPost(WebToMobileServlet.java:123)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:738)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.servletService(ApplicationFilterChain.java:411)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:271)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:632)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:577)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:94)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:632)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:577)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:571)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1080)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:632)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:577)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:571)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1080)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:270)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(DefaultProcessorTask.java:637)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.doProcess(DefaultProcessorTask.java:568)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.process(DefaultProcessorTask.java:813)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.executeProcessorTask(DefaultReadTask.java:339)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(DefaultReadTask.java:261)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(DefaultReadTask.java:212)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.portunif.PortUnificationPipeline$PUTask.doTask(PortUnificationPipeline.java:361)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.TaskBase.run(TaskBase.java:265)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.ssl.SSLWorkerThread.run(SSLWorkerThread.java:106)

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
frull
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-27

Hi again,

For some reason the "Invalid Chunk Header" exception has now become a
SocketTimeoutException.

I frequently receive this exception after adding -Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.useCoyoteConnector=true
I never received this before. You have been very helpful and I hope you still have time to try and help me out. I appriciate it very much.

[#|2009-02-12T07:57:50.557+0000|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.stream.err|_ThreadID=18;_ThreadName=http9200-Processor1;_RequestID=d43d7f77-8950-42b1-a6fc-69e87139680d;|
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
at com.sun.enterprise.server.ss.provider.ASInputStream.waitForSelect(ASInputStream.java:154)
at com.sun.enterprise.server.ss.provider.ASInputStream.read(ASInputStream.java:112)
at com.sun.enterprise.server.ss.provider.ASInputStream.read(ASInputStream.java:104)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.fill(InternalInputBuffer.java:743)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer$InputStreamInputBuffer.doRead(InternalInputBuffer.java:772)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedInputFilter.readBytes(ChunkedInputFilter.java:250)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedInputFilter.parseChunkHeader(ChunkedInputFilter.java:280)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedInputFilter.doRead(ChunkedInputFilter.java:154)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.doRead(InternalInputBuffer.java:702)
at org.apache.coyote.Request.doRead(Request.java:465)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.InputBuffer.realReadBytes(InputBuffer.java:326)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.substract(ByteChunk.java:362)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.InputBuffer.readByte(InputBuffer.java:335)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteInputStream.read(CoyoteInputStream.java:143)
at java.io.DataInputStream.readShort(DataInputStream.java:295)
at mmsmidletapiif.WebToMobileServlet.doPost(WebToMobileServlet.java:123)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:738)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.servletService(ApplicationFilterChain.java:411)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:271)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:632)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:577)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:94)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:632)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:577)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:571)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1080)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:632)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:577)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:571)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1080)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:272)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:719)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:684)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:561)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:666)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
|#]

Jeanfrancois Arcand

Salut,

:-) Just add:

-Dcom.sun.enterprise.server.ss.ASQuickStartup=false

and the problem will magically disappear. Search on that list why you
*always* need to add that property :-) Fortunately for my finger (as I
typed over and over this property), GlassFish 2.1 has is by default,
e.g. ASQuickStartup is tuned off :-)

A+

-- Jeanfrancois

glassfish@javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> For some reason the "Invalid Chunk Header" exception has now become a
> SocketTimeoutException.
>
> I frequently receive this exception after adding -Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.useCoyoteConnector=true
> I never received this before. You have been very helpful and I hope you still have time to try and help me out. I appriciate it very much.
>
> [#|2009-02-12T07:57:50.557+0000|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.stream.err|_ThreadID=18;_ThreadName=http9200-Processor1;_RequestID=d43d7f77-8950-42b1-a6fc-69e87139680d;|
> java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
> at com.sun.enterprise.server.ss.provider.ASInputStream.waitForSelect(ASInputStream.java:154)
> at com.sun.enterprise.server.ss.provider.ASInputStream.read(ASInputStream.java:112)
> at com.sun.enterprise.server.ss.provider.ASInputStream.read(ASInputStream.java:104)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.fill(InternalInputBuffer.java:743)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer$InputStreamInputBuffer.doRead(InternalInputBuffer.java:772)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedInputFilter.readBytes(ChunkedInputFilter.java:250)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedInputFilter.parseChunkHeader(ChunkedInputFilter.java:280)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedInputFilter.doRead(ChunkedInputFilter.java:154)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.doRead(InternalInputBuffer.java:702)
> at org.apache.coyote.Request.doRead(Request.java:465)
> at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.InputBuffer.realReadBytes(InputBuffer.java:326)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.substract(ByteChunk.java:362)
> at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.InputBuffer.readByte(InputBuffer.java:335)
> at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteInputStream.read(CoyoteInputStream.java:143)
> at java.io.DataInputStream.readShort(DataInputStream.java:295)
> at mmsmidletapiif.WebToMobileServlet.doPost(WebToMobileServlet.java:123)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:738)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.servletService(ApplicationFilterChain.java:411)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:290)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:271)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:202)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:632)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:577)
> at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:94)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:206)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:632)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:577)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:571)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1080)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:150)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:632)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:577)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:571)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1080)
> at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:272)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:719)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:684)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:561)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:666)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> |#]
> [Message sent by forum member 'frull' (frull)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=331446
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

frull
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-27

Thanks for the help. It seems to have solved the problem.

Regards

/Fredrik

Jeanfrancois Arcand

glassfish@javadesktop.org wrote:
> Thanks for the help. It seems to have solved the problem.

Ok Great. By any chance, you you be able to share a test case? It is
strange the issue happens with Grizzly but not with Coyote as both share
the same code base.

Thanks!

-- Jeanfrancois

>
> Regards
>
> /Fredrik
> [Message sent by forum member 'frull' (frull)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=331781
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

frull
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-27

Hi,

I still get "Read timeout"'s but not as frequently as before I added
-Dcom.sun.enterprise.server.ss.ASQuickStartup=false

How is a test case setup?
The problem that I have occurs randomly and seems to be device dependent (different between Nokia, SE etc.) and also (this is something I suspect but am not able to verify so easily) caused by a OctaGate switch.

/Fredrik

msban
Offline
Joined: 2009-12-01

I ran into "Invalid Chunk Header" error too when I post chunked data. In my case, the error was caused by uploadTimeout, whose default value is 30 seconds (30000 milliseconds). I fixed it by extending uploadTimeout. You might need to call "setDisableUploadTimeout(false)" to enable changing default uploadTimeout.

Martin Gainty

can you confirm you are connecting to a HTTP 1.1 connection?
e.g. configuration for domain.xml would specify version="HTTP/1.1" for http-protocol version e.g.

?
Martin Gainty
______________________________________________
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité

Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaenger sein, so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht dient lediglich dem Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet keine rechtliche Bindungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.
Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que pour satisfaire informez l'expéditeur. N'importe quelle diffusion non autorisée ou la copie de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert à l'information seulement et n'aura pas n'importe quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant donné que les email peuvent facilement être sujets à la manipulation, nous ne pouvons accepter aucune responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 17:38:50 -0800
> From: glassfish@javadesktop.org
> To: users@glassfish.dev.java.net
> Subject: Re: Invalid Chunk Header
>
> I ran into "Invalid Chunk Header" error too when I post chunked data. In my case, the error was caused by uploadTimeout, whose default value is 30 seconds (30000 milliseconds). I fixed it by extending uploadTimeout. You might need to call "setDisableUploadTimeout(false)" to enable changing default uploadTimeout.
> [Message sent by forum member 'msban' ]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=374203
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>

_________________________________________________________________
Windows Live Hotmail is faster and more secure than ever.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/hotmail_bl1/hotmail_bl1.asp...
[att1.html]

msban
Offline
Joined: 2009-12-01

Not sure why this matters, but I'm using simple Grizzly HTTP Servlet and SelectorThread. And the data is uploaded with HTTP/1.1.

I think it would be better if a timeout error could be thrown instead of Invalid Chunk Header.

>
> can you confirm you are connecting to a HTTP 1.1 connection?
> e.g. configuration for domain.xml would specify
> version="HTTP/1.1" for http-protocol version e.g.
>
>
>
> Martin Gainty

Jeanfrancois Arcand

Salut,

glassfish@javadesktop.org wrote:
> Not sure why this matters, but I'm using simple Grizzly HTTP Servlet and SelectorThread. And the data is uploaded with HTTP/1.1.
>
> I think it would be better if a timeout error could be thrown instead of Invalid Chunk Header.
>
>> can you confirm you are connecting to a HTTP 1.1 connection?
>> e.g. configuration for domain.xml would specify
>> version="HTTP/1.1" for http-protocol version e.g.
>>
>>

Agree. Can you open an issue:

* https://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues

and add as much as information as you can? We failed for awhile to
reproduce this issue but your explanation make a lot of sense.

A+

-- Jeanfrancois

>>
>> Martin Gainty
> [Message sent by forum member 'msban' ]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=374383
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

msban
Offline
Joined: 2009-12-01

Issue 11236 filed. Thanks.

> Agree. Can you open an issue:
>
> *
> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues
>
> and add as much as information as you can? We failed
> for awhile to
> reproduce this issue but your explanation make a lot
> of sense.
>
> A+
>
> -- Jeanfrancois

frull
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-27

Hello,

I updated Sun Java Application Server 9.1 to update 2. Same problem.
Tried ChunkInputFilter patch with 9.1 update 2. Same problem.

Do not know where to add Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.useCoyoteConnector=true

Any ideas?

Regards
Fredrik

Jeanfrancois Arcand

Salut,

glassfish@javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I updated Sun Java Application Server 9.1 to update 2. Same problem.
> Tried ChunkInputFilter patch with 9.1 update 2. Same problem.
>
> Do not know where to add Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.useCoyoteConnector=true
>
> Any ideas?

Add it to domain.xml (search for -client keyword, add it below and restart).

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois

>
> Regards
> Fredrik
> [Message sent by forum member 'frull' (frull)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=318033
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

frull
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-27

Hi Jeanfrancois

Sorry for my ill-mannered behaviour not returning any answer. The fact is that I didn't test this last solution for fixing the "Invalid Chunk Header" problem until today. The main reason is that I hadn't seen this problem for a while until this week when I repeatedly got this exception.

So I added -Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.useCoyoteConnector=true to doamin.xml and that solved my "Invalid Chunk Header" error.

Thank you alot for your help.

Best regards,

Fredrik

Jeanfrancois Arcand

Salut,

glassfish@javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I managed to update the jar file itself and restarted the AppServ but problem remains.

Hum...can you comes with a test case? One workaround is to add:

-Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.useCoyoteConnector=true

I think that one will works.

A+

--Jeanfrancois

>
> Regards,
> Fredrik
> [Message sent by forum member 'frull' (frull)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=317521
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

frull
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-27

Hi,

Where to should that be added? Could not find that attribute in any of the xml-files.

I cannot come up with a test case. Can't repeat the problem myself but it occurs randomly when users are Sending data our webserver from their j2me applications.

I'm about to upgrade from SJSAP 9.1 Update 1 to Update 2. Not sure if that would make any difference but you never know.

/Fredrik

frull
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-27

Hi,

I managed to update the jar file itself and restarted the AppServ but problem remains.

Regards,
Fredrik

frull
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-27

Hi,

I installed the Glassfish v3 prelude on a test server.
Deployed the same web apppplication as I used in SJSAP 9.1 update 1.
But I'm not able to launch it.
Get an HTTP Status 500 error message

frull
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-27

Anyone, please?

Or could you give me a hint on where I can find people how can answer questions like this?

Jeanfrancois Arcand

Salut,

glassfish@javadesktop.org wrote:
> Anyone, please?
>
> Or could you give me a hint on where I can find people how can answer questions like this?

can you create a test case that reproduce your problem? Of better, I
suspect you are facing:

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=6303

Can you patch your installation and see if that fix your problem?

A+

--Jeanfrancois

> [Message sent by forum member 'frull' (frull)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=314992
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

frull
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-27

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I have now way to repeat the problem. Occurs randomly and I have not been able to log the data I'm trying to send. I have added extra logging for this purpose but the error has not yet occured. I'm sending data that I read from a GPS device to our server. There is probably some "bad bytes" in that data that's causing the problem.

I will take a look at the attached link.

Many thanks.

/Fredrik

frull
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-27

Sorry, but this does help me so much since I'm using
Sun Application Server 9.1 and not Glassfish.

Jeanfrancois Arcand

Salut,

the patch is for 9.1. V3 isn't suffering the issue. Just update your
${glassfish.home}/lib/appserv-rt.jar with the content of the patch and I
do think the problem will go away.

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois

glassfish@javadesktop.org wrote:
> Sorry, but this does help me so much since I'm using
> Sun Application Server 9.1 and not Glassfish.
> [Message sent by forum member 'frull' (frull)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=316024
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

frull
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-27

Hi,

Thansk again for your reply.
appserv-rt.jar is located in the following folder C:\Sun\AppServer\lib
The "patch" is a zip file containing ChunkedInputFilter.class and Manifest.mf.
How do I patch?

Regards
Fredrik

Jeanfrancois Arcand

Salut,

glassfish@javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thansk again for your reply.
> appserv-rt.jar is located in the following folder C:\Sun\AppServer\lib
> The "patch" is a zip file containing ChunkedInputFilter.class and Manifest.mf.
> How do I patch?

Edit domain.xml, and add to the following element:

Where PATH_TO_THE_PATCH is the location of the saved patch. Restart GF
and let us know.

A+

- Jeanfrancois

>
> Regards
> Fredrik
> [Message sent by forum member 'frull' (frull)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=317244
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net

frull
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-27

Hi,

I put the chunked_patch_20081101.zip file in C:\Sun\AppServer\domains\domain1\patch

I also unpacked the zip file into this location. That created the folders
C:\Sun\AppServer\domains\domain1\patch\META-INF
C:\Sun\AppServer\domains\domain1\patch\org
with a couple of subfolders.

I added

In the log i found
-Dcom.sun.aas.instanceRoot=C:/Sun/AppServer/domains/domain1
-Dcom.sun.aas.ClassPathPrefix=
-Dcom.sun.aas.ClassPathSuffix=C:\Sun\AppServer\domains\domain1\patch
-Dcom.sun.aas.ServerClassPath=

Would I expect any other behavior? Any other config needed to be changed?
Should the following row be changed to false?

I still have the Invalid chunk header problem.