Skip to main content

Another Layout paradox

3 replies [Last post]
dtondo
Offline
Joined: 2008-06-14
Points: 0

Hi Peaple,

I´m facin a problem with borderlayout and boxlayout:
I want build a form with a resizable List(up) and some buttons(down)

like this:
image1: http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/3157/rightcd6.png
image2: http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1889/right2kd4.png

When i use Borderlayout my list can't resize but the buttons appear on the screen:
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/6220/wrongsq3.png
even with a lot of itens:
image1: http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/3157/rightcd6.png

-------------------

When i use boxlayout my list resize perfectly:
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1889/right2kd4.png
but when it put a lot icons, the list cover(hide) the buttons:
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5769/wrong2mv3.png

How can i fix that

thanks

null

null

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Shai Almog

Try placing the list in a box layout container and place the
container in the CENTER of the form, see if that helps.

> Hi Peaple,
>
> I´m facin a problem with borderlayout and boxlayout:
> I want build a form with a resizable List(up) and some buttons beneath
>
> like this:
> image1: http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/3157/rightcd6.png
> image2: http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1889/right2kd4.png
>
> When i use Borderlayout my list cant resize but the buttons are shown:
> http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/6220/wrongsq3.png
> even my list create a scrollbar:
> image1: http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/3157/rightcd6.png
>
> -------------------
>
> When i use boxlayout my list resize perfectly:
> http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1889/right2kd4.png
> but when it get a lot icons, the list cover the buttons:
> http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5769/wrong2mv3.png
>
> how can i fix that
>
> thanks
> [Message sent by forum member 'dtondo' (dtondo)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=302742
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@lwuit.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@lwuit.dev.java.net
>

Shai Almog
http://lwuit.blogspot.com/

[att1.html]

dtondo
Offline
Joined: 2008-06-14
Points: 0

Hi,

Guys i make it work by joing the kawaiimomo and Shai Almog awser.

After fill the list with new objects, i call Form.revalidate() and the list resize perfectly not covering the buttos

Thanks kawaiimomo and Shai Almog !

>Hi,
>
>Are you using Form.revalidate()? Check this thread http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=47248
>
>Hope it helps. Regards.

kawaiimomo
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10
Points: 0

Hi,

Are you using Form.revalidate()? Check this thread [url]http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=47248[/url]

Hope it helps. Regards.