Skip to main content

Expecting an absolute path of the library: null\jdic.dll

1 reply [Last post]
jcd
Offline
Joined: 2005-06-06

Hi All,
I have a netbeans RCP application in which I replaced JEditPane by jdic WebBrowser but I always get the following message:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Expecting an absolute path of the library: null\jdic.dll
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:767)
at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1005)
at org.jdesktop.jdic.init.JdicManager$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.jdesktop.jdic.init.JdicManager.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at org.jdesktop.jdic.browser.WebBrowser.(Unknown Source)

I have inserted a property in the project file:
run.args.extra=-J-Djava.library.path="C:\\jisis-01-10-2007\\jisis\\jdic.dll"

And I can see the interpreted VM option when running the application:
Input arguments:
-Dnetbeans.logger.console=true
-ea
-Djava.library.path=C:\jisis-01-10-2007\jisis\jdic.dll
-Djdk.home=C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02

Any Help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance

jcd

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
jcd
Offline
Joined: 2005-06-06

[u]Here is how I solved the issue:[/u]

I experienced problems when trying to use the latest release jdic-0.9.5-bin-cross-platform.zip and jdic-20061102-bin-crossplatform.zip. Thus I decided to try with the jdic-20061102-bin-win release

1) I created a library wrapper module for jdic providing jdic.jar as library

When executing my application, I noticed the following message:
[b]native lib path ….\build\cluster\modules\ext[/b]

From this message, I concluded that I should copy all native libraries into the
[b]…\build\cluster\modules\ext[/b]

2) I copied the whole bunch of jdic files into this folder: MozEmbed.exe, IeEmbed.exe, jdic.dll and tray.dll. jdic.jar was already there, copied by NetBeans.
My application worked perfectly

3) But I was loosing the jdic files each time I was cleaning and re-building the application.
Thus I copied the jdic files in the [b]…\jdic\release\modules\ext[/b] folder of the [b]jdic library wrapper module[/b]. And now the files are copied by NetBeans in the [b]….\build\cluster\modules\ext[/b]
and my application works fine.

Please note that it may be worth to try again the jdic-20061102-bin-crossplatform.zip and using the same process.

Hope you will find this useful, best wishes

JCD