Skip to main content

LWUIT licensing and commercial application

4 replies [Last post]
Anonymous

Hi the list
Is it legally possible to bundle a obfusctaded version of the LWUIT jar file
with a commercial application ?
[att1.html]

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Shai Almog

Hi.

Yes.

It would also be legal to bundle a self compiled modified version of
LWUIT assuming you contributed back all the changes made to LWUIT
(not your MIDlet code).

There are two separate licenses which your company lawyers can look
over and pick which ever one suits best.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nor am I a legal representative of
Sun ;-)

Thanks,
Shai.

> Hi the list
> Is it legally possible to bundle a obfusctaded version of the LWUIT
> jar file with a commercial application ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@lwuit.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@lwuit.dev.java.net

b j

I'm a independent dev so no lawers (at home)
Is the fact that i obfuscate the jar file (with proguard for ex) can be
considered as contribution to the project ?

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Shai Almog wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Yes.
>
> It would also be legal to bundle a self compiled modified version of LWUIT
> assuming you contributed back all the changes made to LWUIT (not your MIDlet
> code).
>
> There are two separate licenses which your company lawyers can look over
> and pick which ever one suits best.
>
> Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nor am I a legal representative of Sun ;-)
>
> Thanks,
> Shai.
>
> Hi the list
>> Is it legally possible to bundle a obfusctaded version of the LWUIT jar
>> file with a commercial application ?
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@lwuit.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@lwuit.dev.java.net
>
>
[att1.html]

Shai Almog

You only need to contribute changes made to LWUIT, not to your
application. Obfuscation is irrelevant as far as the license is
concerned.

(same disclaimer applies).

Thanks,
Shai.

> I'm a independent dev so no lawers (at home)
> Is the fact that i obfuscate the jar file (with proguard for ex)
> can be considered as contribution to the project ?
>
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Shai Almog
> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Yes.
>
> It would also be legal to bundle a self compiled modified version
> of LWUIT assuming you contributed back all the changes made to
> LWUIT (not your MIDlet code).
>
> There are two separate licenses which your company lawyers can look
> over and pick which ever one suits best.
>
> Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nor am I a legal representative of
> Sun ;-)
>
> Thanks,
> Shai.
>
>
> Hi the list
> Is it legally possible to bundle a obfusctaded version of the LWUIT
> jar file with a commercial application ?
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@lwuit.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@lwuit.dev.java.net
>
>

[att1.html]

michaelmaguire
Offline
Joined: 2008-08-15
Points: 0