Skip to main content

Resource editor issues

2 replies [Last post]
vladr
Offline
Joined: 2008-06-11
Points: 0

1. I have tried to edit the existing resource (starTheme.res) and it seems that editor does not allow to do this. When I open this resource file - I do not have access to the internal theme selectors (the selector list is empty). I can add new fonts, images but without having access to theme selectors all of these new resources are useless.

Q: Is it feature or BUG?

2. When I pick a midlet from 'MIDlet' menu (in my case LWUITDemo midlet itself) nothing happens on the screen (I was hoping to get midlet preview screen as can be seen in Resource Editor Help doc)

Q: How to load midlet and get Theme preview screen?

My OS is Vista, java version 1.6. I have tried both .exe version of RE and "java -jar ..." LWUIT version is the latest

TIA,
Vlad

Message was edited by: vladr

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
terrencebarr
Offline
Joined: 2004-03-04
Points: 0

vladr,

One the question of "how do I get the theme preview" ... I stumbled over this as well.

In the "Theme" tab be sure to scroll right in the right part of the window. The theme preview will be out of view on the right if the resource editor window is too small.

-- Terrence

Shai Almog

Hi,

> 1. I have tried to edit the existing resource (starTheme.res) and
> it seems that editor does not allow to do this. When I open this
> resource file - I do not have access to the internal theme
> selectors (the selector list is empty). I can add new fonts, images
> but without having access to theme selectors all of these new
> resources are useless.
>
> Q: Is it feature or BUG?

Just ran it on my machine without a problem.
Did you do the following?

Run the resource editor (try running the JAR from command line so you
will get a stack trace if an exception occurs using java -jar
editor.jar)

Select File->Open

Select the starTheme.res file

Select the Theme tab in the UI

Click the theme button labeled "starTheme"

>
> 2. When I pick a midlet from 'MIDlet' menu (in my case LWUITDemo
> midlet itself) nothing happens on the screen (I was hoping to get
> midlet preview screen as can be seen in Resource Editor Help doc)

You don't need to pick a MIDlet, the LWUIT MIDlet is the default...
I need to update the documentation with the latest features from the
drop but didn't have the time.

To get to the preview you need to select or add a theme, just press
the + button and add a theme. Select it to get the preview UI.

> My OS is Vista, java version 1.6. I have tried both .exe version of
> RE and "java -jar ..." LWUIT version is the latest

There is an issue in Java 1.6.4+ with Aero thats unrelated to the
resource editor, this issue might be a problem.
Since this is a problem with Java's native Windows Look & Feel I will
add an ability to set the look and feel to something else in the next
code drop. In the meantime the only suggested workaround is to use
classic.

Thanks,
Shai.

>
> TIA,
> Vlad
>
>
> Q: How to
> [Message sent by forum member 'vladr' (vladr)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=279835
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@lwuit.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@lwuit.dev.java.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@lwuit.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@lwuit.dev.java.net