Skip to main content

issue with install on Ubuntu amd 64

9 replies [Last post]
wbrown338
Offline
Joined: 2004-07-02
Points: 0

Greetings:

I'm running into an issue during the install of jai_imageio-1_1-lib-linux-amd64-jdk.bin:

...
Please contact Sun Microsystems, Inc. 4150 Network Circle, Santa Clara, California 95054 if you have questions.

Do you agree to the above license terms? [yes or no]
yes
Unpacking...
tail: cannot open `+215' for reading: No such file or directory
Checksumming...
1
The download file appears to be corrupted. Please refer
to the Troubleshooting section of the Installation
Instructions on the download page for more information.
Please do not attempt to install this archive file.
...

Does anyone on this forum know how to work around this issue? I did not see an md5 or asc file to check the integrity of the download of the file. I am running with the openjdk for java on ubuntu linux.

Thanks for your help.
Bill.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
nicolagrippaldi
Offline
Joined: 2008-08-28
Points: 0

I tryed with -n+215, but nothing happens

I work with Ubuntu 8.0.4

marcheschi
Offline
Joined: 2005-07-11
Points: 0

it worked form me on 8.04 AMD64

BTW you need to put files in correct places:

inflating: jre/lib/amd64/libmlib_jai.so
inflating: jre/lib/ext/jai_core.jar
inflating: jre/lib/ext/jai_codec.jar
inflating: jre/lib/ext/mlibwrapper_jai.jar

inflating: jre/lib/amd64/libclib_jiio.so
inflating: jre/lib/ext/jai_imageio.jar
inflating: jre/lib/ext/clibwrapper_jiio.jar

hope this helps.

Paolo

zaza1851983
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-05
Points: 0

I have a workaround the problem, which is changing the file extension to zip. Extract it with any tool. You will end up with a homefolder and a subfolder called lib. Copy the content of lib into $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib that should solve the problem

bpb
Offline
Joined: 2004-06-23
Points: 0

Hi Bill,

It might be that you are encountering this problem:

http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=276654&#276654

Please try the recommended workaround and let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Brian

> Greetings:
>
> I'm running into an issue during the install of
> jai_imageio-1_1-lib-linux-amd64-jdk.bin:
>
> ...
> Please contact Sun Microsystems, Inc. 4150 Network
> Circle, Santa Clara, California 95054 if you have
> questions.
>
> Do you agree to the above license terms? [yes or no]
> yes
> Unpacking...
> tail: cannot open `+215' for reading: No such file or
> directory
> Checksumming...
> 1
> The download file appears to be corrupted. Please
> refer
> to the Troubleshooting section of the Installation
> Instructions on the download page for more
> information.
> Please do not attempt to install this archive file.
> ...
>
> Does anyone on this forum know how to work around
> this issue? I did not see an md5 or asc file to
> check the integrity of the download of the file. I am
> running with the openjdk for java on ubuntu linux.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Bill.

andrea antonello

> It might be that you are encountering this problem:
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=276654&#276654
>
> Please try the recommended workaround and let us know the outcome.

Just a small comment. If you edit a binary file (even if in its
nonbinary part) with an editor, when you save, you will corrupt the
file. It happened to me in the past on a shell script with the
compressed binary inside, which I assume to be also the install .bin.
I am wondering about the solution in the thread above is working.
However if, as I would imagine, it shouldn't work, try instead to use
a substitution tool that works filestreams, as for example sed, to do
the substitution.

Regards,
Andrea

>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian
>
>> Greetings:
>>
>> I'm running into an issue during the install of
>> jai_imageio-1_1-lib-linux-amd64-jdk.bin:
>>
>> ...
>> Please contact Sun Microsystems, Inc. 4150 Network
>> Circle, Santa Clara, California 95054 if you have
>> questions.
>>
>> Do you agree to the above license terms? [yes or no]
>> yes
>> Unpacking...
>> tail: cannot open `+215' for reading: No such file or
>> directory
>> Checksumming...
>> 1
>> The download file appears to be corrupted. Please
>> refer
>> to the Troubleshooting section of the Installation
>> Instructions on the download page for more
>> information.
>> Please do not attempt to install this archive file.
>> ...
>>
>> Does anyone on this forum know how to work around
>> this issue? I did not see an md5 or asc file to
>> check the integrity of the download of the file. I am
>> running with the openjdk for java on ubuntu linux.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>> Bill.
> [Message sent by forum member 'bpb' (bpb)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=278462
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net

bpb
Offline
Joined: 2004-06-23
Points: 0

Indeed it is a question of which tool you use to edit the file.

Brian

> > It might be that you are encountering this problem:
> >
> >
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=2766
> 54񃢮
> >
> > Please try the recommended workaround and let us
> know the outcome.
>
> Just a small comment. If you edit a binary file (even
> if in its
> nonbinary part) with an editor, when you save, you
> will corrupt the
> file. It happened to me in the past on a shell script
> with the
> compressed binary inside, which I assume to be also
> the install .bin.
> I am wondering about the solution in the thread above
> is working.
> However if, as I would imagine, it shouldn't work,
> try instead to use
> a substitution tool that works filestreams, as for
> example sed, to do
> the substitution.
>
> Regards,
> Andrea
>
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Brian
> >
> >> Greetings:
> >>
> >> I'm running into an issue during the install of
> >> jai_imageio-1_1-lib-linux-amd64-jdk.bin:
> >>
> >> ...
> >> Please contact Sun Microsystems, Inc. 4150 Network
> >> Circle, Santa Clara, California 95054 if you have
> >> questions.
> >>
> >> Do you agree to the above license terms? [yes or
> no]
> >> yes
> >> Unpacking...
> >> tail: cannot open `+215' for reading: No such file
> or
> >> directory
> >> Checksumming...
> >> 1
> >> The download file appears to be corrupted. Please
> >> refer
> >> to the Troubleshooting section of the Installation
> >> Instructions on the download page for more
> >> information.
> >> Please do not attempt to install this archive
> file.
> >> ...
> >>
> >> Does anyone on this forum know how to work around
> >> this issue? I did not see an md5 or asc file to
> >> check the integrity of the download of the file. I
> am
> >> running with the openjdk for java on ubuntu linux.
> >>
> >> Thanks for your help.
> >> Bill.
> > [Message sent by forum member 'bpb' (bpb)]
> >
> >
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=2784
> 62
> >
> >
> ------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
> >
> >
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net

wbrown338
Offline
Joined: 2004-07-02
Points: 0

Greetings:

I tried modifying the file to add the -n option and commenting out the checksum section but that did not fix the issue. I see the bug report for this here https://jai-imageio-core.dev.java.net/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=171 and I wanted to add this thread as more help/votes for the developers to fix, but I did not have the option to add a comment.

Does someone here have the ability to add this thread to the bug report?

Also, does someone here know if these io tools are going to be added to part of the regular distribution so that we don't have to do an extra install?

Thanks.
Bill.

jxc
Offline
Joined: 2005-02-24
Points: 0

Added a comment about this thread to issue 171.

I don't know any plan of moving (some of) those tools
into Java SE in a near future.

Thanks,
-James

mcamara75
Offline
Joined: 2008-06-24
Points: 0

I work fine with:
# vi -b j2sdk-1_4_2_04-linux-i586-rpm.bin
change: "tail +466 $0 > $outname"
with: "tail -n+466 $0 > $outname

and nothing more....