CALL FOR NOMINEES: JXTA Board/Committee Chair Elections
Hello JXTA Community -
As I mentioned in a previous email, https://jxta.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=24, an important activity for our community is our bi-annual electon for two Board of Directors from the JXTA community-at-large.
Our community is led by our Board of Directors, who hold leadership responsibility for the development of our community and of our technology. These are very important roles that will impact each of us.
Current members of our Board are:
- Bernard Traversat (Sun representative)
- Vanessa Williams
- Daniel Brookshier
Our Board of Directors is now asking members of our Community to consider running in this year's election. Current board members may also run for re-election.
As noted in the email referenced above, we are also voting for key committee chair positions. Unlike board positions, these positions are for one year only. These committee positions are:
- Website Management
- Release Management
- Project/Community Management
- Technical Documentation Management
To nominate someone for the JXTA Board of Directors or Committee Chair positions you must:
- Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. - Include information on why nominee (you or another member of the community) should be elected to the board or to the committee chair positions. Include information such as their previous contributions to our community and technology, and current participation in JXTA Community projects.
- All nominees must be current, active members of our community.
Nominations must be seconded by another JXTA Community Member in ordered to be added to the election ballot.
Please consider running for a seat on the Board or for a committee chair position to help lead our Community. If you have questions about the governance, our election or about the JXTA Community, please feel free to post your questions either to email@example.com or send them to any of our board members.
Important election dates:
Monday, May 19, Nominations open Monday, June 2, Nominations close at midnight PST
Tuesday, June 3, Polls open for voting at noon PST
Tuesday, June 17, Polls close for voting at midnight PST
Week of June 23rd, Election results will be announced
Please participate in this important community election. I will be sending out information on how to vote in a future message as we get closer to the actual election day.
Stephanie Kaul :)
JXTA Community Manager