Problem with IE7
I have a strange problem. Under Vista x64, IE 7 (I use the 32 bit IE) has no support for Java at all. I have tried 6 update 5,6 and beta 10 build 14. I am currently running beta 10 as it is the version that works with Firefox.
Here is what I know:
1. Firefox works fine (with beta 10 build 14).
2. Have tried numerous applet tests on the Internet
3. addon is loaded (I checked the menu of addons in IE)
4. AV turned off
5 Anti-spyware turned off
6. Uninstalled/reinstalled, using the Installer cleanup in between
7. Java won't even show up in the system tray, like it does when Firefox comes up
8. It is enabled in Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Java/Use JRE....
9. Security is set to run applets, scripting, ActiveX controls
10, Tried turning off "Protected Mode" in IE7 and that did not help
11. Turned off the "next generation plug in" in Control Panel
What can I do to get this working?
Message was edited by: donawalt